Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good News...But is it "Too Good to be True News"?

Today, our loaner car had this really weird fluky thing happen to it. We got in it this morning and the inside lights would not go off. I found the owner's manual and it said that after 20 minutes, if we had left the inside lights off, they would turn off. We went to the church house for a baptism and we were there for about one and a half hours. We came back out, and the lights were still on. I knew that we would have a dead battery by tomorrow for sure. After a lot of experimenting, we discovered that the switch in the back driver's side door was not working correctly anymore. After much convincing (I don't know what he would have done otherwise), we drove to the place that is fixing our car...the place that the loaner car belongs to. On our way there, we drove by the parking lot where our car has been...still is...it has snow all over it and it looks like an abandoned car. We didn't even know if they were open on Saturday. Luckily, they are. They had us come back after closing (at 1:00 they only work half a day on Saturday) and they replaced the switch. The guy that did it is the same guy that James has been talking to week after week about our car parts. I nearly jumped out of the car and hugged him when he told us that they expect our car parts to arrive on Tuesday and we should have our car back by the end of the week! He then looked back at our kids in the back seat and said, "I bet it's been hard in this car with the children." I thought that was kind of nice of him to say. I told him it had been, but I was thankful to have this one to drive but I was looking forward to having my car back. So, we'll see.

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Ana said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Waiting for a car to be fixed is the pits.