Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, January 2, 2009

My 2009 Resolution

I don't generally make New Year's resolutions, although I guess I sort of have the same ones in the back of my mind like, get more organized, feel more confident in a swimming suit and just overall improve on me.  But, this year, I have a real resolution, and it could very well take all year to do it!  I want to get on top of my photos! I don't scrapbook, and I don't even want to be enticed with digital scrapbooking (although I do like the digital photo books that you can make online), but I would like to print out some of my pictures, put them in a photo book and be able to sit down on the couch and look at them.  I haven't sat down and really ordered pictures in over two years.  In the year or two before that, I had a habit of ordering them, but not filing them away, so I have lots of old pictures in Shutterfly envelopes around here somewhere! Which means, that I have nothing substantial to look at in terms of ever since Toby was born (It also means, sadly, that the most updated pictures of Thomas are of him wearing some of the same clothes that Toby is now starting to wear!).  And all I have of Toby is a small brag book that I printed when he was a week old and a "Preemie Book" that I created this fall through Shutterfly. I have tons and tons of pictures on my computers and on CD's but that's where they stay. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am determined that this is "the year". Wish me luck!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Alison said...

I should do this also. I think I haven't made "prints" since I went digital!!! I feel guilty, then think my kids can just do it someday. Maybe next year I will make it a resolution.

I made a comment on my post about books concerning blogger...check it out.

Ana said...

I need to take a page out of your book; that, and organize the videos piling up. I'm not sure I'll get there, though. One of these days. I hope you can realize your goal!

Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck on your resolution. I need to do the same, but before I can even start I need to FIND so many prints that have been taken over these many years, identify them and make the decisions on what to keep. Oh well, I don't think that will happen because I have a terrible time throwing away any pictures (even pretty calendars).
Happy New Year and love to all
BESIDES, I love getting your pictures.
Gert

Anonymous said...

Yes, me too. I now have three books to catch up on. E's book is still only to his 3rd birthday I think. I'm really behind. But once I get the first year done for the other two, I think I'm going to switch to one family book and go digital. Much easier and quicker. I think I'll make the same resolution.