Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beautiful Days


The past two weeks, we have been blessed with nice weather. It has been slower to warm up than I had expected, since everyone told me last year April was the "hottest month". But, I know each year can be different...no matter where you live. I've brought out the short-sleeved shirts, and I've even been daring and wore capris twice. I removed my black fingernail and toenail polish and replaced it with a pretty, shiny, deep tulip pink color. Thomas wore shorts to school yesterday.


Today promises to be the warmest day of the year so far...predicted to be around 75 degrees. We actually haven't had too much rain lately (the only day it rained was 30 minutes after I washed my car--go figure, right?). My little flowers in the front yard need a drink today, I think I'll give Thomas a chance to do that while Toby takes his morning nap. He always loves it when I give him permission to play in the water. I still need to finish mulching, but didn't make it to the garden store yesterday... but, I'll mow the lawn again today.


We'll have to get a walk in and some park time for Thomas. Toby likes to go down the slide with Thomas and a few other things but right now he is such "high maintenance" as far as going to the park goes. Our park has mulch all over it, not the best thing for a toddler who still prefers to crawl! About that--he took two steps on his own this past weekend and is getting really good if he's holding one hand of someone else. The balance thing just hasn't come together for him yet.


Other than that, today will be a major "clean house" day. I am having a brunch over here on Thursday morning for my VT sisters and my VT partner. We thought we'd mix it up a little this month. Tomorrow I will be able to pick up the house and prepare the food but since I will be gone from 11:30 until 6:45 or 7:00 (because we have a play date before preschool) today is the day to get the place presentable. I'd like to say "get the place shining", but I know I'm going to have to be OK with presentable.


Until later,


Emily

0 comments: