Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, May 16, 2008

Scary Mommy

After Thomas' soccer game (he made 3 goals), we hurried home for a little snack, since we ate dinner before his game because he had a late game, before baths and bedtime. James had to work late into the night (and consequently, this entire weekend). I got them both bathed and in bed and decided that maybe I wanted to take a bath too. Toby has resisted going to bed lately, which usually results in about five minutes of crying, and then he gives in and goes to sleep. I took a quick bath and knew he was crying but by the time I got out his crying had gotten progressively louder. I threw my robe on and rushed into his room. I hadn't combed out my hair nor wiped off the mascara rings under my eyes. In other words, I was looking pretty scary! Well, when Toby saw me, he DID stop crying...his eyes opened wide and then he backed into the corner of his crib and would not let me touch him. I guess I was way scary and going to bed was the better choice then letting "Scary Mommy" touch him, so I shut his door and didn't hear a peep from him again!

Until later,

Emily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Talk about a bad hair day. When your own kid won't come to you. Now you know the trick just look different and Toby will have to chose between staying in his bed or the new scary person. Love Always Mom

Leslie said...

What an interesting stratagy to get kids to sleep. I will have to try it. hehe

sues2u2 said...

Too funny!!!!

Alison said...

That's so funny! Doesn't sound like it hurt you too much...I guess going to sleep was better for you too!

Anonymous said...

Oh too funny!!!! That's a great story! I should try that-- :)

Jeannie said...

That's great. lol

Life in Maryland said...

Now that's one to remember! So is that why Mike runs out of the house so quickly in the morning since I look so good when I wake up ? :)