Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Saturday at Home

Both of my beautiful children decided to wake up this morning at 6:30 AM! Anything before 7:30 AM is torturous to me! It was really surprising, too, because they both went to bed late last night because Thomas had soccer and after soccer there was still the need for nourishment and baths! And then, Thomas, had a hard time falling asleep once he was in bed...and Toby only got one 20-minute nap the whole day...so they've both surprised me and I know what will happen tomorrow--the day we HAVE to wake up early--they will want to sleep in! Grr.

Today, James felt that he needed to go to work. He tells me there is something big going on right now that is really important that he stays on top of... he might have to work tomorrow as well. He apologized 100 times but, in a way, I welcome a Saturday at home. Of course, I could make it not a Saturday at home, but I really need a day to do the boring stuff--laundry (I haven't done ANY since last weekend), general cleaning, tidying the bedrooms, clean out my car, I also got asked to sub in Primary tomorrow, so I'll need to sit down and look at that lesson sometime today (I found out what the lesson is last night). A big part of me would like to finish mulching my yard, but that would mean another trip out for mulch...a 30 minute drive just to pick that up...so I think it would be a better idea to wait until Monday when I am nearby anyway because of preschool. So, today, we will stay home and be boring.

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Alison said...

Enjoy your day at home. I have a hectic day...hair, stake baptisms, and ward presidencies are going to the temple and out to eat later tonight. I need to do "the boring stuff".