Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Confirmed Suspicion

I had originally suspected that our neighbors had moved because they split up (they were not married, but living together). Because I had not seen Jurgen for a long time and had seen Doris around. But, then I saw the two of them moving out, so I thought I was wrong.

So, today, I was spraying weeds again and had some leftover spray...I wanted to use it up because I was going to mix up another kind of weed killer... but I needed an empty sprayer first. Since I know who the next renters will be (or at least hope, I haven't told any of the other neighbors that I know yet, I don't want to jinx things!), I thought I'd use the last little bit to kill a few of the dandelions adorning their front yard. Anyway, as I am doing this one of the neighbors across the street returned home and we started to talk. Today, I found out she speaks a lot better English than I originally thought...we usually converse through our neighbor that speaks English really well...but Simone wasn't there so she spoke to me. Turns out that Doris and Jurgen split up! Doris couldn't afford the rent so that's why she moved. Jurgen moved out at least two months ago, from what I could gather.

So while I am sad that their relationship didn't work out, they both seemed like really nice people and seemed to make a lovely couple, I am relieved to find out that that was the reason for their move. It wasn't us after all!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Alison said...

I am glad you feel better. That is quite a soap opera!

Anonymous said...

I knew it wasn't you guys-there is no way -you guys are too likeable. :) It is always sad to see couples split up--

Anonymous said...

Oh the drama!!!
I thought you were going to say they came running out when you were spraying weeds!! That would have happened to me.
love ya
mlk

Anonymous said...

p.s.
tag you are it. Sorry!!!
mlk