Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day for me started out a little rocky as any Sunday because we have 9 AM church, but for some reason, I thought because it was Mother's Day, it should be smoother. Nope, it wasn't.

I left James in charge of making dinner. James grilled hot dogs and had Doritos and asparagus as side items. He also made strawberry pie with real whipped cream. I had to give him a little bit of a hard time since I absolutely HATE asparagus and strawberry pie doesn't even make my top five favorite desserts, and I definitely prefer Cool Whip over whipped cream...I said, "Oh, is this Father's Day?" He reminded me, "Hey, my cooking abilities are limited and at least you get the day off!" He was right. He cleaned up. He let me take a nap without even giving me a sigh and just kind of gave me the day off. All in all, it was a good day.

Then, there were the presents. I had picked up for myself the Intimately Beckham perfume last week for my present because I didn't know if James would have enough time to get me something since work has been quite hectic for him lately. But, he surprised me on Saturday when he took Thomas shopping. They came home with a potted lily that will go outside sometime but for right now it smells so darn good that I am enjoying it too much inside! He also let Thomas pick something out...you might see a trend here (Valentine's Day). To James' credit, he told me that this time he tried to persuade Thomas into choosing something else, but once he saw the beautiful flip-flop earrings it was all over! James also picked out for me a cute pair of earrings and a matching necklace!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Jeannie said...

You have such a cute family and a really good husband.

I saw your Mom and K the other day. It was good to talk to them.