Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ear Aches Are Such a Pain!

Last night Thomas awoke at about 4 AM and came stumbling into our bedroom. I thought he must have had a bad dream, which he often does. He tossed and turned for about an hour and then announced that his right ear really hurt. I put some numbing drops in his ear and that seemed to help but the pain was still pretty bad. Thomas has never been a kid that likes to take medicine...but I gave him the choice, he could chew some Tylenol pills or still hurt. He chose to chew the Tylenol. Twenty minutes later, he was snoozing but morning sure came early for us this morning! I did give him the option of staying home, but he chose to go to school. I think he must have had one of those "made it through" days because today in his parent-teacher book, I had a note from the teacher telling me that Thomas seemed very quiet and didn't want to participate in music today. Tonight, he had a fever, the first one I have detected, so he might get to stay home tomorrow. Poor kid!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Thomas is not feeling well. Warm up a rice sack for him to lay on, it works for us. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom