Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Trying to Find My Groove...and an Update

This week, I started my German class and last week, I started my exercise class at the gym. So I have classes three days a week now. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. In some ways I guess it's good to have everything all in a row, but I think I'd rather have them staggered. Anyway, we are getting the hang of getting out the door in the mornings, because of Thomas being in school, not me taking classes, and Thomas now has his routine down at the school so I don't have to walk him in. Too bad the circle area is just for the buses, so I still have to get out in the parking lot, AND get Toby out just to walk Thomas to the front of the school, and go back and do everything in reverse, but it is how it is.

So with this new schedule of Thomas being in school and me taking classes, I am trying to find out when exactly I am "home" because it doesn't feel like I am very much! These past few days, I have gone to my classes and then ran some errands and next thing I know it's 2:00! Enough time to run home, maybe grab something to eat or tackle one small household chore and then it's time to go pick up Thomas again!

My church calling is also keeping me very busy! The Relief Society president has said more than a few times, "It's not usually like this." But so far, although I am busy, I am enjoying it. I get to help people and it has given me the chance to get to know people that I otherwise probably wouldn't both on the receiving end and the giving end of things.

Thomas is loving school. He doesn't even want the weekend to come! He loves his teacher and has told me a few times already that he wants her to always be her teacher. He is pretty tired when he comes home. On Wednesdays, he stays after school for a class that I signed him up for called Fit Kids. It is a class where they play different sports or games, kind of like an extra PE. Well, I don't have him in any sports so this is "it" and it is wonderful and enough for right now.

Both of my boys have bad colds. Thomas has more of a cough and Toby is a snot factory. Their moods seem to be normal though.

Toby is getting used to being without Thomas during the day. He is talking a lot. My family is one of those text book cases where the first child didn't talk that early and the second one is leaps and bounds ahead of where his brother was at this point. But, mainly, he still talks in jibberish.

James, what can I say about James? The busy season has started, and we'll leave it at that.

Tailer, I don't usually update on her, but I put her on a diet about two weeks ago. She's a large cat in stature, but she still needed to trim down. This summer, I saw my sister's dog, Daisy, who had been put on a diet and I thought she looked so good, so Daisy was my inspiration for Tailer! I had always filled her bowl and then filled it again when it was empty. Which usually was in 4-6 days, I didn't think she was eating all that much. Classic case of overestimating the serving size...I read on the back of her cat food bag that a cat her size that you want to lose some weight should eat 1/2 cup of food a day. Her bowls are pretty big...it barely covers the bottom! So, she's on a diet and cries in the morning, but it's been two weeks and I can already tell that she is thinner. I'm not sure how long I'll keep her on her diet. I need to take her to the vet to get her shots, maybe I'll get the vet's opinion on what would be her "healthy" weight.

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

sues2u2 said...

At least the classes sound fun. But, really, isn't a Mom's life always about being on the run?

sues2u2 said...

Wow, you did "update" it some more. H wants to be a teacher @ the first of the year. She can't decide if she wants to teach kindergarten or 1st grade. How funny, right?

Sorry about the boys & their colds. Are they sleeping okay? I really like the idea of the "fitkids" club. Wish H could do anything! Oh & is soccer over? How did it end up? Was Thomas still happy w/ it?

Emily Snow said...

Sues,

They seem to be sleeping fine. Thanks for asking.

We have Fall soccer and Spring soccer through DODDS. Thomas did really enjoy it but I figured it might be too much with getting used to being at school all day and everything that was new to that. Especially because with soccer here, they practice twice a week and have games on Fridays for the earlier kids. It was kind of consuming! I figure I'll sign him up again in the Spring. As winter comes, I may put him in Fit Kids on Fridays too just to keep him from going stir-crazy. Or they also have a cooking/craft class that might be fun. It really is the nicest thing because it is at his school and right after, so no extra running around for me!