Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lamplighter Fair 2008

This weekend, is the weekend of the Lamplighter Fair at the Wiesbaden Air Field. There are vendors from all over--Germany, Italy, Poland, etc, etc. There is lots of pottery, linens, crystal, nutcrackers & smokers, wine, cheese, furniture etc, etc. Last year, since it was all new to me, I didn't know quite what I liked or didn't.

A year later, it is a different story! Today, I purchased a large Italian pottery serving plate. It is beautiful and very eye-catching. I also bought a small vivid red vase with a bright yellow sunflower on it from the same vendor. I also finally found a pattern of Polish Pottery that I love, and bought a medium-sized pitcher, that I will use as a vase. (It has occurred to me that I have a thing for vases!) I know I have a couple friends who lived in Germany quite a while ago, maybe you know about the Polish Pottery craze...well, I guess it used to be super, super cheap...but it is not anymore...so while I know I'll never have a full set, it will still be fun to try to pick up some other pieces here and there. I feel the same way about the Italian pottery except I want all different patterns of that. I think it would be fun to display the different plates on the walls when I move back to the States (and still use them), but I'm too scared to do that here in Germany because it's so hard to get something to hang on my walls. Italian pottery is bright and colorful, Polish Pottery is more muted.

I informed James that now I have "shopping goals", he rolled his eyes, laughed out loud and then replied, "Gr-reat!"

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

sues2u2 said...

I love the thing about the "shopping goals"! Perfect!!

How about crystal? Have you been to the Chezck(sp) republic yet? It was expensive but still lots cheaper than buying anywhere else.

I really miss the markts (sp) & fun holidays.

Emily Snow said...

Sues,

I have seen the crystal, I don't know if it is expensive or not. I'm not a crystal kind of a gal. Not my thing. More into pottery and dishes..

Ana said...

LOL! Oliver hates hearing about my shopping goals; they strike fear into his frugal heart! Hearing about all this stuff really makes me hope we do get to live in Italy next year. It is a possibility, I just don't know how strong...

Oh, and pics! I'd love to see what this stuff looks like.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like sooooo much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto- I want to see pics!