Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

On Christmas Eve, I told Thomas that we were not going downstairs to open presents until 7 AM.  He came into our room (a very regular occurance) at 5:30 AM, I told him to go back to sleep because it wasn't 7 AM yet and he complied, but before he did, he said, "Mom, I think I heard Santa downstairs as I was walking from my room to your room!"


I had set my alarm at 6:30 AM so I could have a few minutes to pull myself together in the appearance category.  We were having friends over for breakfast so I knew "it was now or never." Toby woke up at about 10 minutes before 7 AM, and then I woke Thomas up at 7:00.

We waited upstairs for a few minutes while James finished his shower, I let the kids stay in their new Christmas pajamas from my family (they did the "Twelve Days of Christmas").

We came downstairs and Thomas quickly noticed that there was a present in our fireplace! Santa must have dropped it! We started opening our gifts.  We'd have to pause the festivities for a minute while I checked on something in the kitchen.  Once I got the cinnamon rolls baked, I didn't have to worry as much.

Not for the lack of trying but Santa didn't bring everything that Thomas had asked for.  That's what happens when you change your mind a week before Christmas!  So, he got the things that he asked for a month ago, and luckily, Santa brought the whole family a Wii so that made up for the fact.

Toby was more into Christmas and unwrapping presents this year. Although Thomas felt that he still needed to help.  Actually Thomas unwrapped some of everyone's presents! Thomas let us all know that we all got far too many "clothes" and not enough "toys".

We had plenty of time to unwrap presents and clean up a bit before breakfast.  We had our friends, the W family, over for Christmas breakfast.  They are our next-door neighbors and our really good friends.  There's just something about having someone who grew up in Pennsylvania as a neighbor I guess (this is the second time for us!) I made James' mom's Christmas Casserole, cinnamon rolls, and a fresh-fruit salad.

We ate, exchanged gifts, and hung out for a while.  Then it was time for Toby to take a nap, their little one to take a nap and G and I decided we were going to nap, too!

The afternoon was spent napping, and playing with new Christmas gadgets.  Then the calls from Utah came in, followed by Skyping. Somewhere in there we also had a nice Christmas dinner, which was half appetizers and dips and half turkey dinner!

Our Christmas day was not white, nor frosty like last Christmas.  I guess I told our families that it was mild outside, but James informed me that it was actually quite cold, I just hadn't been out since the 23rd when it was jacket weather!

Once I pull the pics off my camera, I will post some here!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful time when they believe in Santa. I remember when you guys also heard hoofs on the roof. That is the magic in their little faces. When that is gone it is never the same. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom
P.S. There is still the Easter Bunny too.