Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Quiet Morning

It is 9 AM and I am sitting in my living room, still in my pajamas, enjoying the quiet.  James has "security duty" tonight which for me, means he leaves for work later in the morning because he has to be one of the last to leave, which also means he can take Thomas to school and if Toby is still sleeping, he can continue to sleep.  I probably have to wake him up 4 out of 5 mornings each week.  I helped get Thomas off to school, sent he and James on their way, fully expecting Toby to wake up any second.  It is a dark, cloudy morning here in Germany, probably another reason why Toby still sleeps.  I have a ton of things I could be doing, but all of them would make noise and probably wake the sleeping boy, so they can all wait.


Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Absolutely enjoy the quiet! What a lovely way to spend some time this am. Too bad James has to stay late in order to get it though.

Enjoy your day!

Alison said...

It is good to have mornings like that now and then.

The Mendon Welkers said...

Oh how I would love a morning like this!

Life in Maryland said...

As Monica on friends says "don't wake a sleeping baby" (or child) :)