Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009!





(This one is right over our rooftop.)


It's already the New Year here in Germany.  We were very low-key this year.  James and Thomas played the Wii all night long while I worked on updating my blog on both of our laptops (I got my own--a MacBook about a month ago). Toby pretty much went to bed at a normal time.  I didn't get it all done, but I got a lot done.  At midnight, we went out, met our American neighbors outside and watched the neighborhood fireworks, which went for about 45 minutes.  Once again, Toby slept through the whole thing! I had his fan turned up higher than normal and a sound machine on, but still there were bottle rockets going off over our house! I should add that I have been listening to a German radio station all night that was playing quite a mix of "New Year's Eve" songs, I'm not sure if they know the difference between Halloween and New Year's? It was entertaining all the same! Happy 2009! I'm going to bed!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You people in Germany do celebrate the New Year much more than we did here. Dad went to bed around 9:00, he is feeling a little better today. He called Ryan this morning at 8:30 to see if he wanted to come out and hunt geese,so much for sleeping in. They didn't come out. Your Dad has been bi-noxing the field and the two little geese that flew out there. I hope this second round of antibiotics work. Hug the boys and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Love Always Mom