Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Unfavorite Week

Well, Thomas finally made it to school today. There were tears getting him out the door, but I am told that once he got there, he was fine. Speaking of getting there...it was snowing this morning so I decided to drive the loaner car because it has snow tires. It hasn't been driven since Saturday. So, I hopped in it and it had a totally dead battery. GREAT! No choice but to drive the Mini. And there's another thing to add to my "to-do-list", not as if I don't have enough after having a household of sick people in it! And I had such ambitious plans for the week, too!


My earache is getting much better, I still feel pretty lousy, though. I started taking Benedryl since I read on the internet last night that that would help open the tubes in my ears. It really seemed to do the trick. I felt like it was ready to burst, it hurt so bad! However, a few days ago, there was a spot on my forehead that was really prickly. It felt like there must have been a very tiny sliver in it and my bangs would brush it and irritate it. I also have very itchy patches (about the size of a quarter) all over my scalp. Over the past few days, while the patches on my scalp are still there and still itchy, they seem to be getting better but the spot on my forehead has become increasingly itchy and much larger, also my forehead is swollen, like I've been hit with a ball or something and today I started getting a rash along my right eyebrow. I got my hair cut last Friday and I am wondering if I am having an allergic reaction to the shampoo or conditioner that my stylist used, or it is connected to my earache/sickness or it's some other kind of random allergic reaction perhaps to something I ate last week? I don't know, but I don't like it and I want it to go away!

I called ADAC tonight to jump start the car. Luckily, it jumped, but I have no idea if it will hold the charge. I let it idle (and broke German law which states you can only let your car idle for 3 minutes) for 30 minutes, but if the battery is bad, I'm sure it won't start up tomorrow and I'll be back to square one with that dilemma.

The only bright spot of my day was when I called the insurance company to tell them about THEIR loaner car that wouldn't start up...while on the phone, I asked how MY car is coming along. Good news! They have ordered the parts! They are coming from the States and they hope to get them by the middle of next week. Once they get the parts they should be able to fix my car within 3-4 days. Then, I was quickly reminded that they really have no idea how long it will take to get the parts. But, maybe there is some hope that I'll get it back before Christmas! I miss my car!

Here are some very unattractive pictures of me and my mystery rash:






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we have already discuss the hair products, I also am wondering about the bushes where the Christmas lights are. I know they have stickers, could you have got into them. It's going to be a trip to the Germany doctor for you if by Monday things haven't gotten better. Have another thought a New Stocking Cap? It does look sore and a diffidently a Neosporin zone. I will talk to you tomorrow morning. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom

sues2u2 said...

Ummm, have you by any chance seen a Dr? I would seriously have that thing looked at.

I hate trying to get the kids to go back to school after they've been sick. It's like running a marathon! Glad that he made it & of course was fine in the end.

Feel better.

Emily Snow said...

Mom, no, definitely not the bushes. They have stickers but they're big. I hadn't thought about my hat except that I wore it in London with no problem. But maybe I should wash it. Yes, I'll probably have to find a German doc on Monday if it hasn't improved. It's very itchy and painful.

Sues, no doc yet. You see, I hate going to the doc. Besides, up until yesterday, we couldn't have left the house. The other thing is the soldiers here are coming home and the clinic isn't seeing civilians until January. I have a pediatrician for my kids out on the economy but not a regular doctor for James & I!

Anonymous said...

Was this your worst week ever or what? Thank goodness it's almost over. Poor Thomas, my kids have never thrown up for that long. That must have been awful. Hope next week is better.