Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Bob, A Birthday, and A Beautiful Day

This past 3-day weekend can be summarized as such:

A Bob (Saturday): You can call me Victoria Beckham, if you want to, I don't mind! (mimicking Flower from "Bambi"). I got my first German haircut Saturday morning. I now have a stacked, A-line bob. I've had this sort of cut many, many times over the past 10 years, if a head of hair can like a cut, mine likes the stacked, A-line bob. Besides, I needed some help since it is still recovering from having a baby! Anyways as the hairstylist and I were trying to communicate with each other about what I wanted, she said, "like Victoria Beckham?". I felt like that was a great visual so I said, "Yes, only longer!" She did a great job and I spent the rest of the day with a little extra bounce in my step as I imagined everyone I passed might mistake me for a celebrity! (I know, I know, I need help!)

A Birthday (Sunday): I turned 33 on Sunday. It was a nice, relaxing day which started out with me getting up with the kids at 7:30 AM until 8:00 AM when I nudged James out of his blissful slumber and declared, "Um, I think I get a sleep-in today!" He rolled out of bed, took the kids downstairs and kept them quiet. I slept until 11 AM and it felt wonderful! We spent the afternoon unpacking some more and then enjoyed Cajun soup with German baguettes and birthday cake. Later on that evening, we listened to General Conference live from Salt Lake City. We also got to Skype our families, which is always fun!

A Beautiful Day (Monday): On Monday, James had the day off of work. Although we certainly could have spent the day unpacking we decided it was time to do something fun! We've been told it will turn cold very soon so we should use these last warm fall days wisely! We went on a scenic drive along the Rhine River. We saw so many old castles, we lost count. Finally, we stopped in St. Goar, bought some pretzels (by the way, James & I have found German food less than desirable but we do love their bread!), grabbed lunch and then drove up to the St. Goar castle. It was really cool and the whole family had a great time. The view was also spectacular! (I am including some pictures underneath this post).

Until later,

Emily

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hair cut was just a matter of time. You know you can also post your picture. So we can see the real thing. Was this a American or Germany hairdresser? I am glad you are all getting out on the holidays (long weekends) at least one day of it anyway! give the boys a hug and take care Love Always Mom 4:20 p.m.

Life in Maryland said...

Now that my network is finally back up (it has been up and down since Thursday of last week!) I wanted to be sure to wish you a very happy be-lated birthday! I have to agree with you about German food, but those pastries ... YUM! That caused a bit of extra lbs. for me when I was there :)

Jennifer said...

I can not bleve how big your boys are getting. I liked to hair cut in the pic of you 3, and you were right the view is amazing. I hope life is getting a little bit easier.
One of these days I am going to make it to your mom's house when she calls you and so you can see Madie. She is growing every day and getting cuter by the min. I am doing, but that enough about me. I will talk to you soon. Jen

Emily Snow said...

Mom, the haircut at St. Goar is the real thing. It's still long in the front, so it doesn't look that different looking straight on. It's the sides and the back that are different.

The hairdresser was German but she speaks English and works at one of the salons on the base.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girlie!! I wish I could see your hair. I agree with your Mom....post the real thing!! I miss you tons.
love ya

jlk said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a great weekend. love the hair. I think I'm going to get Posh's do next time I cut mine...

Emily Snow said...

jlk--I want you to know that I was totally thinking of you while I was getting it cut. Thinking that this was a jlk look!

Anonymous said...

Now Miss Emily we all have agreed from coast to coast a close up is what we are talking about, with a side slant on it so we can see the cut a little better. You could do it like Grandma K picture in the front room, when she was in her twenties. When we were out there Thomas took some pretty good pictures of you on my camera. Maybe James will have to do this for all your readers. Hug the boys and take care. Love Mom 6:15 p.m. Thursday.

Emily Snow said...

I'll have to see what I can do.

Now it's so built up that I'm sure it will be disappointing...

Life in Maryland said...

Should I tell you that I just had similar done to my hair while I was in CA. It must be the new thing. I did a bit less of an a-line in the back though. But I love it!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday!

Angie said...

I hate to say this but I got my bob trimmed to a bog again- but this time I'm trying to grow my bob out again--pregnancy sure does a number on hair! (My hair is so struggling right now) I had to get new highlights too to cover up my own highlighting job--yep huge mistake on my part to think that I could do a good job! Thankgoodness she fixed it. Love the pictures. Always cking in.

Emily Snow said...

It appears that me and the majority of my friends are sporting bobs! How fun this is! We're all Posh Spice's!