Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Way My Four Year Old Thinks....

Thomas: "Mom, I can understand what Mrs. Miller (his preschool teacher) says but she speaks English."

Me: "That's because you also speak English, Thomas."

Thomas: "No, I don't speak English, but I can still understand what she is talking about."

Me: "Thomas, the words you speak with are called English, you speak English sweetie!"

Thomas: "NO, I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH!" (arms folded, giving me a dirty look)

Me: "Well, then what do you think you speak?"

Thomas: "I speak 'Maryland-talk.'"

(and I try one more time...)

Me: "Thomas, this Maryland-talk is actually called English."

Thomas: "Mom, let's not talk about it anymore."




Until later,

Emily

0 comments: