Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Goal Accomplished!

I like to set goals. Some goals I write down, some goals I tell people about and other goals are in the back of my mind waiting to be accomplished. Today, I accomplished a goal! After living in Germany for two months and then some, I found the post office! James picks up our mail on the base at his work. This is called a CMR. We can only pick up our mail and any packages that might come to our CMR box. There are drop boxes all over all of the American bases that we can drop letters (and bills) in but we hadn't found the APO where we could send out packages. Until today.

I knew there was one on the Airfield base, where Thomas attends preschool. I have driven around many times, figuring I would have to stumble across it. Never did. I referred to a little map that I had, but it was obviously outdated or wrong from the start because the post office definitely wasn't where the map said it was. This afternoon, after driving around a bit, I stopped and asked a soldier for guidance. He told me it was right next to the fitness center and "you can't miss it", which, of course, I did. However, after another 10 minutes of driving around in circles, I finally came across it! It was, indeed, next to the fitness center and it is also pink in color like I had been told in the past. I was also relieved to find that it is one of the buildings that is handicapped accessible which means I can put Toby in the stroller and not have to deal with lifting the stroller up some steps.

I know most "ordinary" goals, for me and my kind, are to lose 5-10 pounds, get a room or a closet (or a house!) organized, clean out the fridge, get caught up with scrapbooking (OK, so not me but maybe my kind since I have not scrapbooked in over seven years and do not plan on ever catching up!) or get the checkbook balanced so my goal may seem a little odd. All the same, it still feels good to finally reach it!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you found one more post office, Do you remember you had a hard time finding the one in MD you were supposed to get you packages from if they didn't leave them at your door? It was a one way street and hard for you to get to. Then you found the one closer to you that you sent your packages from. This helps you get one more thing in line in your life over there. Good Job just put your mind to it and you will do it you always have. Hug the boys. Take care Love Always Mom