Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Toby the Crawler

Toby is now crawling--a full two and a half months before his big brother, mind you. And, if he were born full-term, it could have been four months ahead of what I considered an all right baby schedule. I was in no hurry, let me tell you that! He still kind of drags his right leg a little but if he sees somewhere that he wants to be (or something that he wants to get) he makes it there in a straight line and it doesn't take him too long either. We need to get baby gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. Luckily, I have a door that I can close my living room and dining room off with and I also have pressurized gates that I can use in doorways. We brought our old gates from MD with us, but I don't know if they will work. Our railing is metal so I'm not quite sure how we can attach a baby gate...I wish my friend EJS was here, she did all the baby gate homework for me with Thomas and I didn't have to do anything except have James stop at Buy Buy Baby in Rockville one night, coming home from work!

Now that Toby is crawling, he is also into everything! Thomas has been more than a little distraught lately because of this, but I laugh it off. Today, Toby climbed up to our entertainment center and helped himself to some of the tractors and trucks stored in the bottom shelf. It's so cute to see a 9-month old baby pushing a tractor--and he was pushing it back and forth like he really knew what he should do with it too!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you all in trouble now. Tell Thomas you had to put all your things away when he started to crawl and now he will have to do the same for Toby. I also remember how you would get mad when Kurt and Kate got into your things. Toby is growing so fast, he will be walking before we know it. Watch out then! Hug the boys and Take care Love Always Mom 5:05 Tuesday