Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Random Thought Thursday...

I have been a fan of Gap jeans for almost a decade. My devotion started out with the Boyfriend jean. I spent 2 or 3 years living in those in various washes. Then, to my horror, they were discontinued. But, I painfully moved onto the Flare jean, which I actually loved even more than the Boyfriend. I have had so many Flare jeans I couldn't even begin to count. I tried the Long and Lean but the rise was too low and I never felt very confident in them. A couple years ago, it even looked like they were going to discontinue the Flare, but I guess they changed their minds. And for this, I am very glad.

This summer, I felt the urgency to go out and buy a couple pair of jeans. This was before I found out that gap.com will ship to APO boxes, but that's beyond the point. I bought a pair of Flares in a great wash and then I tried a new cut. I really don't know how "new" this cut is because last year, I had to buy my jeans at Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy (because while I will drop the money for regular jeans at Gap, I refuse to pay the price for maternity jeans). But, I came across a great fit called the Essential and it was new to me! It has a higher rise than the Flare and not quite as tight in the leg as the Flare but still really stylish and v-e-r-y comfortable. Kind of like the Sassy Mom mom jean (don't worry, this has wide legs--not tapered).

Until later,

Emily

P.S. Happy Birthday to my one-and-only brother, Kurt! I hope it's a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Kurt has the morning off, but someone forgot to tell him. I told him when he got up. He gone back to bed. Craig Buttars came into Halls last week with the Farmers Acid washer jeans,of course he had new levis on and poured some acid down them. We talked about when acid washed were in style. It seems just when you find a style you like the designer will stop making them. I have seen this happen over and over. I think the old saying is correct" If it's not broke don't fix it" should apply to alot of things in life. I will talk to you later this morning, It's almost 4:30 p.m. your time. Hug the boys Love Always Mom

Jennifer said...

As all mothers can relate especially new moms there is never enough time in the day to do things that you want to do let alone the things that you need to do. Every night before going to bed I make a list of things that have to been done the next day. At the bottom of the list I put a list of things I would like to do for my self. I have noticed that on a good day I get my list of have to do things done, but never get to the want to do things. You know the things you do for your self. So any way this morning as I was taking care of my morning house chores why my baby was sleeping I decided to be bad and start on the bottom of my list and do some thing for my self. I sat down and read a book my book not one of the baby stores that Madie and I read together every day but my Harry Potter book. Most people have read it twice by now and I am just on page 100. That was so nice that I decided to e-mail some friends that I have not had time to talk to forever. I think I could enjoy this. Don't get me wrong I am loving being a Mom. I think my favorite thing to do is just sit with Madie. That is the one time I do not worry about if the washer is still going and if the bottles have been washed what I am going to make for dinner and so on and on. I just enjoy the time I have with her. And now my free time is over Madison is up from her nap and I still have not gotten my chores done. Guess they will wait.
Jen