Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So Long EDIS!

Toby had his second assessment with EDIS this afternoon. He performed well today. (You know how a lot of times when you're at doctor's appointments or what not and you want your kid to do a certain thing and they won't and you feel really stupid--well we didn't have that kind of day today.) He did everything almost on cue and was cute as can be! He was "talking" up a storm and his facial expressions were extra animated, for whatever reason.

Anyway, after the assessment, it was determined that he is "fine" in all areas except his gross motor but that was no surprise. Because, he is not walking! Sheila said that toddlers really should be walking by 15 months (Thomas walked the week he turned 15 months) but since he was premature, there is a little gray area with when he is 15 months (if he was born on time, he'd still have a month to go). But, as we were talking, he almost took a step and she saw that so she laughed and said, "looks like he'll be walking very soon, so don't worry too much!" Not that I was worried about him not walking...I know it's coming. I see it every day. If we were at home more and not in the car (i.e. he spends a lot of time in the car seat and stroller), I'm sure he'd be walking by now. Honestly, I was more worried that there would be another return visit. Turns out there won't be.

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Yipee & Yahoo!!! I'm so glad that one more "hurdle" has been met & gotten over. It cracks me up that they (therapists) want the kids to be growing up faster than we do!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I know that must be a relief.
mlk

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I have already bought him a new harness that is a monkey backpack/harness. I know if you really practice with him, he would be walking. That will make it more interesting on the plane. We may not have a choice if Toby decides to take off. I know he will go when he is ready. You may not be ready but the time is growing near. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!! Rid of them at last :) Happy Day to you guys!

Alison said...

Don't worry about the walking either. At the NICU thing I put on the other comment Karsen wasn't walking. They wanted me back in 3 weeks if he wasn't...he was at least 15 months. I stressed then he started walking right before. SURPRISE...He was my more kicked back personality at the time. He did everything slower, except for talking...he even got his teeth slower.