Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, April 4, 2008

Rough Nights

Toby has had some rough nights lately. He had a couple of bad ones when my parents were here and the past two nights have also been bad. He has a bad head cold and I believe also a sore throat. I wonder sometimes if he has an ear infection, but then he acts fine during the day (except for the perpetual runny nose) and I'm not a big fan of "going to the doctor". There are parents that take their children in for every little sniffle...well, I am the exact opposite!

So the past two nights and the two nights last week when my parents were here, he just couldn't seem to get comfortable. Maybe it's that his head is too stuffed up, or his throat hurts or his ears hurt or maybe it's the teeth or maybe it's everything but he seemed annoyed. I was annoyed too. Then the thought occurred to me, "Maybe he wants a pillow?" so I found our flattest pillow, put it at one end of his crib and put his head on it, rubbed his back for a minute and shut the door. Fully expecting to drag myself out of bed five minutes later...only instead, it was 7 1/2 hours later! When I went in to check on him this morning (I could hear that he was awake), he was still laying on the pillow and had the biggest grin on his face! If a pillow is what he needs now, a pillow is what he'll get!

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Ana said...

I need some of your pillow magic! Too bad the little one is still not ready for that. I can't wait to get rid of this night feeding!

Anonymous said...

:) Only if all things could have such a simple solution right? :) Hope he starts feeling better....

sues2u2 said...

Great detective skills! If only everything could be solved that easily.

Not certain if you saw this or not so I thought I'd include the link.

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=236831

You will have to copy & paste but it is a link to an interview that New Kids did with Access Hollywood.

Emily Snow said...

Thanks Sues2u2,

I watched their little clip from the Today Show yesterday as well. Exciting stuff...but disappointed that they're not touring this summer...I was kind of hoping for a SLC concert! Oh well, it will still be fun to follow all the media and get their new CD!

Anonymous said...

Good thinking mom.