Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Newest Cleaning Gadget


Since moving here, I have discovered that there are lots of things that I brought along that I really could have left in storage, or better yet, gotten rid of! There are also some things that I have regretted storing in Virginia. One is my electric broom. I left it behind because I didn't want to have to plug it into a transformer, probably still a good idea because I did bring along my Dustbuster, and while it does work, it doesn't have the same power as it used to (charging it through a transformer). But, I have really missed the broom. I know it would have come in especially handy with all the tile and wood floors that I have here and the crumb master, otherwise known as Toby, living in this family!


For the past little while, I have wanted a 22o V electric broom or something comparable. I wanted something that would pick up the crumbs, that was cordless, lightweight and relatively small, because I wanted to store it in my kitchen. I have to store my heavy (220 V) vacuum in the basement so it's not really convenient to bring it upstairs (and definitely not to the third floor) but sometimes you need something a little more efficient than a broom. Not that I am going to stop vacuuming entirely, but I wanted something that was more practical for day-t0-day and quick clean-ups!


So, yesterday, we went out searching. Apparently, electric brooms aren't all the rage, but I think I got something that is: it's a Dirt Devil Akku-Blitz. I've used it today and I think I like it. One days use isn't enough to state that I love it, but it will certainly help me cut down the crumb content in our home! Hooray!


Until later,


Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is it working? The picture looks neat.
MLK

Emily Snow said...

MLK,

Yes, it works great!

Emily