Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, April 18, 2008

Thomas' First Soccer Game!







Tonight, Thomas played his first soccer game. After the past couple practices being a "bust" with Thomas pining away at his friend R's team, more concerned about what R was doing rather than concentrating on his own team, I was kind of expecting the worst. R's team played first, so we cheered him on and then it was Thomas' team's turn. At this point, I either expected Thomas to melt down because R wasn't staying for the whole game or stand back and refuse to play. I was completely surprised when he ran right in with enthusiasm! Not only that, but he ran and kicked his little heart out during the 30-minute game--he even made two goals! He had a blast! We're so proud of him! (James made it to his game!)

After Thomas' game it was time for some dinner. There is a Pizza Hut located on the Hainerberg housing area that is carry-out/delivery only, but we have never gone there. It is actually located inside the high school cafeteria, where they sell personal pan pizzas at lunch time. We went in, ordered some pizza and bread sticks and decided to just rough it on the cafeteria tables because we were hungry and the pizza smelled g-ood! (when I say rough it, I mean it, this place isn't intended to be a dining area when it's not being used by high school students), we ate on napkins that I discovered in the bathroom and poured our 2-liter of Diet Coke into the little water cups I had for the soccer game. Mmm...it was SOOO good!!

Until later,

Emily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can really tell Thomas is into the game. Now hopefully you can relax and cheer him on. Hug the boys and be careful Love Always Mom

Leslie said...

Sounds like you got quite a little soccer player. My oldest son played soccer for the first time last summer. We learned that he is not much of an athlete. He would watch the ball pass by and not go after it. Soccer is not his thing. It sure is fun to watch your own kids do new things.
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Really cute! So cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! 2 goals, I'm impressed!!! esh

Jeannie said...

I love watching the little kids play soccer. They are all bunched together running down the field. You want to know what is funny. Chayden is still playing soccer and sometimes they still run bunched together down the field.

Alison said...

I am impressed with Thomas...My team must not have a very good coach. I have two players that are aggressive enough to kick it to the goal the others just "help" when it comes by them!! Guess we need to move over there!

sues2u2 said...

Way to go, Thomas! I'm so glad that the first game was a great experience. We loved doing the soccer thing even if I wasn't as thrilled about the 8am games! I'm really impressed that they aren't all "clumped" together in your pix. Usually they "travel" in packs up & down the field.

Again, Way to go, Thomas!!!! Congrats on the two goals!!!!!