Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, December 14, 2007

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depends on the package, but if it's for my kids, it has to be wrapped. Neither one will leave the presents alone this year. And, I only started putting them under the tree on Tuesday night. Note to self: next year no presents under the tree until at least December 20!

2. Real tree or artificial? artificial, pre-lit artificial, to be exact. Yeah, I know I'm no fun.

3. When do you put up the tree? When we were in MD but always went to UT for Christmas, I generally put the tree up around Nov 15. I figured it needed to be up for at least a month for it to be worth the hassle. This year, I aimed for the weekend right after Thanksgiving and I got it up a week later, decorated four days after that!

4. When do you take the tree down? ideally right after New Year's. Last year, I had the baby and my mom took it down for me. The rest of my decorations came down sometime in February--yes February!

5. Do you like eggnog? yes

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Becky, my stuffed animal giraffe. I still have her. She is old and tattered.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have two but don't love either of them. I hope one day to come across one that I really love, and then I'll buy it!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother-in-law, Ryan. Luckily Kate usually makes it easy on me and picks something out that I pay her back for.

9. Easiest person to buy for? the kids definitely. I find it hard to stop.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of a really bad present but I'll never forget the Christmas Day when my cousins told me about Santa. I was only eight. I had at least one more year in me...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mainly mail, a few emails. This year, looks like neither!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? It really depends on the year. This year, we started in September.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear on the tree. colored outside.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I like pretty much every Christmas song.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? James & I have traveled to UT for every single Christmas since 2000. So, this will be my first Christmas away from home. The only time James has been away was when he was on his mission in Florida.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes--but I'm not sure I can spell their names correctly, so you're just going to have to believe me on this one!

20. Open presents Christmas eve or Christmas morning? one (or two) on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas Morning

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? never having enough time to do all the things that you had hoped. That and shopping with the masses. Most of my shopping was done online this year and I have to say it has been quite pleasant! Oh--and the "holiday pounds" that try really hard to get on my body! Unfortunately, I bake things that I think are yummy, therefore I sample a lot!

22. What I love most about Christmas? Christmas lights, baking, Christmas music

0 comments: