Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, December 21, 2007

Toby's Tooth Trauma




If you recall, Toby got his five teeth practically one right after another all in about 4 or 5 weeks. Naturally, once they "came in" they started "coming down". He has had this uneven smile for a while, though, because tooth #6, the upper tooth next to his front teeth never came in. I started to get worried. Then, last weekend, I could see the white bud just beneath the skin...so I knew it was there but taking it's sweet time. On Tuesday morning, Toby looked normal, but by Tuesday evening, I initially thought he had eaten something red...once I got a closer look...I could see that it was teething trauma. Or a teething blister. I had never seen that before...but apparently, it's not all that unique. All the same, I grabbed my camera and captured the image forever. It was gone the next morning and the tooth is poking out of his gums already.


Until later,


Emily




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Toby is life is a blog story. If he ever need a report for school he will be able to go to your blog and read all about himself. He is one cute boy. Grandma loves him and that cute big brother of his. Hug the boys and take care Love Always Mom

Alison said...

That is funny! When Jes was teething the dentist I worked for told me that teeth have something similar to the placenta sac around each of them! So he is normal!!

DanceNplay said...

That poor thing. I'm going through the SAME THING rightnow. Wise's all 4 teeth ON THE TOP decided to come in AT ONCE! His bottom two have been there for a awhile now. Let me tell you, these teeth have been KILLERS! He's so miserable! He was up from 3-6 am last night! He's up every 2-3 hours everynight night! Even with Motrin! And MAN! His two front teth ARE HUGE! We call him 'Mr.ED'! hehe. I feel your pain Emily!