Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, December 3, 2007

Sunday Shocker!

I woke up this morning still in a state of shock--as did James. You see, we went to church yesterday and were surprised to be pulled in by the Stake President. James got called into the new Elder's Quorum Presidency of our ward. He got called in (to speak with the Stake President), then I was called in to see if I would support him, and 10 minutes later he was called during the Elder's Quorum meeting!

James has done this church job before, it is a busy job. They help with any and many needs of the families in the ward. There will be lots of meetings and lots of service projects (and lots of time away from the family). We find it ironic that one of the big reasons that we moved to Germany was perhaps to have slower pace of life, when in fact, it is turning out busier for all of us. James' job is more demanding and now he has a very demanding church job. This all effects me as well.

James will go to his first Presidency meeting tomorrow night. He is just feeling overwhelmed by the calling (job) right now. He had barely received the calling to be a EQ teacher six weeks ago, and he felt like that was something he could manage...but this is a whole other story. I suggested that he not get too worried until after the first meeting is over--he'll get a good idea of how the EQ President wants things and whether or not he'll be easy to work with and also get a clear idea of the actual "needs" of our ward (unfortunately, I think they're great since we have lots of brethren serving down range.)

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that would be a shocker...Is it a ward or a branch?....it'll be intersting to see how the time thing unfolds....J is doing the executive secretary thing and so he's not usually here to help on Sunday mornings. I've been to church late alot these days. Between that and starting this buisiness....I'm just trying to keep everything going and my head above water....On a positive note I always show up just not always on time .....Anyway keep us posted!

Emily Snow said...

It is a ward, but it is small.

jlk said...

My oh my. Life is never what you think.

Life in Maryland said...

Well hopefully the calling will be as easy as Mike's. Our EQ Pres is pretty burnt out and so he has not been requiring alot from his counselors. I am always in awe at the wives of Bishops and counselors that have 4-6 children and make it not only to church on time, but are clean and all put together.

You two need to plan a nice getaway to rejuvinate - my sister's husband surprised her and took her to Tahiti! Yes, pure jealousy!

Anonymous said...

Well, on a bright note....the spirit that they bring home while serving in callings like that is amazing.
I heard a very smart gal say that she knew things would be difficult at times but it would be worth it. And she also mentioned knowing and being prepared for that change helps support her husband. I know you won't have that challenge. I love that you always power up for your family!! I feel sorry for those that lose focus on the blessings and just focus on the hardships. What a waste!! Keep smiling and just think of how much easier it will be when you get back!! Older kids and a simpler life.
love ya
mlk