Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Toby's Tumble


This is what Toby looked like TWO minutes after taking his first tumble down the stairs!

Last Thursday, he was literally at my heels as I was going downstairs to work on laundry. I was careful to make sure that the door "clicked" behind me because I knew he would follow.

So, I went downstairs, took the laundry out of the dryer and began putting the wet clothes from the washer into the dryer...that's when I heard this little whimper, and I knew he was coming down the stairs. I ran to meet him already 3/4's the way down. He rolled like a ball! He cried for 10 seconds--that's it! I think it scared him more than anything.

The door, we have discovered can "click" but not be exactly shut so now we know it has to click and then you push back on it to be sure. As for the gates for our tiled stairs, they will be up shortly. Luckily, he hasn't figured out how to go up yet (but I caught him trying yesterday). I ordered the kits that I needed to secure my gates to wrought iron this past weekend.

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Toby & especially poor Mommy! I remember when Nikolas took a tumble down our stairs. We had an open circular staircase when we lived in Germany & I was terrified that he would fall through the risers. Luckily he was going from the bottom up & he only fell a little bit before I got him. He would have landed on tile floors! He sure is a handsome little guy though. Does he still look a lot like Thomas did at this age?

Anonymous said...

Both Matt and Jennifer took tumbles down the basement stairs and so have all the grandkids. The wooden stairs aren't as bad, but Michael took one down the walkout cement steps, several scraps along with brusing. They all have surived their tumbles. The boys are really grwoing, Toby is changing daily. Take care..... B

Emily Snow said...

When I look at Thomas' pictures at this age, I think they look quite a bit alike...but when I see them in person, I think Toby looks more and more like "himself" if that makes any sense. His personality and facial expressions are so different. Also, his hair is coming in and it's a little curly! Yet, when people just meet us for the first time they always comment that our boys look so much alike. Well, I pretty much didn't answer that question...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Toby is learn early to tuck and roll. You grew up in a no stair house only when we went to Grandma Kay's did we have to worry. Mom taught you all to crawl down stair backward very early in your life, as soon as you started to crawl then came the stair lessons. I glad he wasn't hurt. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

jlk said...

Patch fell down the stairs not too long ago and it scared me to death! I am left with the visual of his head bouncing up and down as he fell. Oh well. He would have gone to Princeton on a full-ride scholarship if not for that fall. FCC here we come...

Anonymous said...

megs took a tumble down the stairs one time.....she looked like she was a ball....just rolled really. After I realized she was fine....I was laughing!
mlk