Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Time Went by Too Fast!

As Toby's 1st birthday is quickly approaching and I happen to know for a fact that he will be receiving a few new toys, I decided it was time to put away 90% of the "baby" toys this afternoon. Tasks like this tug at my heart strings because I'm not sure if I will ever get these out again to use or if I will find myself a few years from now donating them to Goodwill. (This is exactly the reason why I did not push Thomas out of his crib until he was 3 years, 1 month old! ) And, because of the timing of this Germany move, I have to admit, I do feel that we got cheated out of enjoying much of Toby's infancy. It was like a gray cloud over his first nine months...

But, time has gone, we'll never get it back, so I realize all we can do is try to enjoy both our children more now that life has settled a bit for us. What happened to us is "life" it's not always easy or fun... and sometimes there are gray clouds over the most precious of moments.

Toby is changing every single day...today he climbed three stairs...those parts I ordered for the baby gates have not arrived...he ate pizza for the first time yesterday (OK, it was the crust!) and the look on his face was priceless--you could tell he was looking at Thomas and I and thinking "Yeah, I'm just as big as they are!"

Thomas has shot up like a weed recently. He has already grown out of some of the new pants he got for his birthday a mere two months ago. (A small glimmer of hope that maybe there is still a chance that he'll get my long legs rather than James' not so long legs?) Sometime next month, James, Thomas and I will go to the International School that he will be attending starting in August, to get better acquainted with their system and ultimately registered and enrolled. Life is constantly changing...

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those moments of truth of babies growing up!! Sad isn't it. :( Just look at it as all the new things they will be getting into now. Like pizza crusts!!
love ya
mlk

Anonymous said...

Emily one thing about life we have no real control of what happens only how we handle it. I now understand what people said to me when I was a young mother. "Enjoy them while they are young in a blink of a eye they will be grown" It does happen that fast too. I remember your first day of school. Seeing you get on the school bus and crying like all Mom's know that is the beginning of a new page in their child's life. Just like watching Toby start to climb the stairs it's all new pages for his. Enjoy them and love every minute someday you will be looking back and say I understand what Mom said. Remember "Time flies when you are having fun" raising a family is fun. Hug those boys. Take care. Love Always Mom

Alison said...

It is so sad how fast they grow and change. I know with the triplets I felt like their "baby" stage went so fast that I want another one just so I can cherish each moment of that "baby" time as my last!