Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Cookies!


I made sugar cookies last night. Thomas helped me roll out and cut the cookies. I baked them all, and then had to shift gears for dinner, which we ate picnic style since the table was being used (I really miss my bar in my kitchen in Maryland!). I frosted a few for James, Thomas and I to sample and then sent Thomas off to bed. I stayed up and frosted the rest of the cookies. I ended up making 11 1/2 dozen. This was only a double batch, I've made triple batches before but I wasn't up for it this time. They've all been handed out except about a dozen.


Until later,


Emily


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My plan this year was to theme the family room in sugar cookies, (They remind me of you) but that will have to be next year with weeks we have had. I didn't put up the family room tree neither. It takes up three more seats, I need for after the funeral for people to seat and eat. The house is decorated inside and out. I will let you know how your cookies travel to us. Hug the boys and take care Love Always Mom

Alison said...

Wow, I just have to say you are GOOD! I cannot even imagine attempting that!

DanceNplay said...

DAng Emily, you're on a roll! Especially with the fusses of rolling and cutting the sugar cookies! I stuck to the good ol' Chocolate chip and Mexian Wedding cookies. I added some chocolate dipped pretzels along witht he mix as well. EVERYONE LOVED them though! Which is just what I wanted! Oh! I have new cake recipe! You have to try it!