Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, December 28, 2007

As we approached our first Christmas "away", I wondered what it would be like. Would I get depressed? Would we get bored with the day? Would it be a let-down? But, on the contrary, it was very lovely.

The kids slept in until 9 AM--I nearly died! Well, not really that Toby slept in, I realize he's clueless but I thought we'd hear Thomas' pitter-patter somewhere in the 6 AM hour...we came downstairs and let the kids open their presents. Thomas was delighted that Santa was able to fulfill his Christmas wish for a certain Herbie car (which isn't produced anymore)... and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with a light blue bandanna that was the featured Happy Meal toy about 9 months ago--all I can say is thank goodness for eBay! Then, we took a break and enjoyed some homemade cinnamon rolls. Then, it was my turn to open my presents. After that, we went back for round two of the cinnamon rolls and round one of breakfast casserole. Finally, we got to James' presents. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out as a family and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!

We got very spoiled by our families this year and we also spoiled one another. Two things I am really excited about are my new digital camera (8.1 megapixels) and our new (black) kitchen table. Which isn't actually here yet because Ikea was out-of-stock, but as soon as they are back in, the new table, along with 8 chairs and a wall cabinet will be arriving at our house!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! I can hardly wait to see pictures taken from your new camera of your black table!!
love you tons
mlk