Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, March 10, 2008

Bitter-Sweet News

As many of you know, we conceived Toby through in vitro or IVF. Actually, we conceived him on our third try of IVF, and during that third cycle, I also started seeing an acupuncturist, Ethan Borg, who I will always believe made the "difference". I have always planned on seeing him again when we go through our one "frozen" cycle (we have two frozen embryos waiting in Rockville, MD to give them a chance). So, I was saddened this morning when I found an email from Ethan that started out like this:

I have some bitter-sweet news to share with you that will mean a dramatic shift in my practice. My wife has accepted a new academic position in my home town of Rochester, NY that begins this August. I am sad to say that May 30th will be my last day of treating patients in Frederick.

Of course, in life this is what happens, Ethan stated that he will research around and find other good fertility acupuncturist in Frederick which is so nice of him. But it is still sad for me.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily he will recommend someone else who, when that time comes will be able to help you again. Hug the boys, Take care Love Always Mom

sues2u2 said...

I have to agree with your mom. Moms always know what is best!

I know its bitter sweet & I am sorry that someone who helped so much won't be available. Have faith (man, that sounds so preachy but I know you know I mean well!)

Anonymous said...

He will guide you to another great one.
mlk

Alison said...

OH that stinks! I hate it when that happens. I am sure you will find another one also!!