Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tylenol & Ibuprofen Regimen

I have a friend, MW, who after reading some of my recent posts, emailed me to remind me of a "treatment" that her sister-in-law, who is also a nurse, told her about when her oldest, H, was an infant. I have also used this "treatment" myself when my kids have been really miserable or running a high fever that I have wanted to keep on top of. Here it is: (Thanks, M!)

(Even if you don't have kids or they are grown, this could be applied to pain and fever in adulthood, too!)

Tylenol and Ibuprofen are different drugs and therefore can be given at the same time. Due to this and to her recommendation, I give one medication every three hours and thus they are constantly medicated and hopefully easier to handle because they feel good. So, for instance, I give Tylenol at 8 a.m., Ibuprofen at 11 a.m., Tylenol at 2 p.m., Ibuprofen at 5 p.m., etc. It seems to work for my kids!



Until later,



Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder--I always seem to forget if it is 3 or 4 hours between doses....