Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Price of Gas?

The question was asked, "What does gas cost over here?". Since we buy it by the liter here, I couldn't answer that automatically...so I found out how many liters are in a gallon and now I can answer that question accurately!

There are 3.7854 liters to a gallon. I filled up my car (half a tank) yesterday, with mid-grade and it was $0.902 a liter. That cost $23.00. Which means, I paid $3.41 a gallon.

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily road diesel is now $3.896 it used to be diesel was cheaper than gas. When I started working at Hall's farm diesel was .69 now it is $3.699 Saturday. Let' ask Gert how much gas was WAY BACK THEN. I know she checks this out everyday. so Gert how much was it back then? A hug to you Gert and Hug the boys Take care Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

I can remember getting gas for about 20cents a gallon. We would go to a gas station, drop $1.00 and "cruise the drag" all night with left over for the next night. When Jim was still trucking, diesel was always about 50cents less than gasoline, but it is always higher here now. Doesn't make sense as diesel comes from the bottom of the barrel. Our gas here is $3.15 a gallon, at least it was Sunday when I left $50.00 at the station. It doesn't go up a penny at a time anymore it is a nickle. They all will have to answer to a higher authority for their GREED. Hugs to all, and have a wonderful time together during your visit. Love you all. Gert