Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, March 24, 2008

Coconut Poke Cake

A couple weeks ago, I meant to buy coconut milk, but came home with cream of coconut instead. I had no idea what I was going to do with it...until a friend recommended a coconut poke cake. I added my own little Easter twist to it and it was a fun and yummy addition to Easter dinner!






INGREDIENTS
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen Cool Whip, thawed
1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut

DIRECTIONS
Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, poke holes all over the top of the cake, I used a straw.

Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together, heat slightly in the microwave to mix easier. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.

(Note: I didn't use all the Cool Whip or the coconut--I just did what looked right to me).

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea and even better picture!! You guys are great
mlk

DanceNplay said...

Wow Emily! It' been along time since I checked anyone's blogs! I've kinda lagged on the whole blog thing lately...cuz I don't get much traffic! But I read through your recent posts! I also have a cake recipe that requires cream of coconut. Coconut is my all time favorite fruit and I drink cream of coconut from the can! It's amazing stuff. Looks like everyone's doing well!!!
Take care!