Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Looked Out My Window and What Did I See?


More snow!

If you look closely, you can see the Mini in the picture. Not that it's an extreme amount of snow, but it is still coming down. And, my parents will be here in about 25 hours...I was hoping for sunshine and green!

Today, I am tying up all loose ends, which includes a trip to the base to buy new queen-size guest sheets...I thought I knew where they were, but once I unfolded them, I realized they were twin sheets. I could turn my entire house upside down and still not find them, since we do have storage in Virginia...not that the sheets were supposed to be put in that storage but neither was the box that had all the hardware to our furniture!

So, I'll drop Thomas off at preschool, head to Mainz Kastel to pick up the sheets, then drive to Hainerberg to get a few groceries at the commissary and do anything else that I can think of before picking up Thomas. I think I might pick him up early today. Then, we'll dash back home to do whatever I can!

Until later,

Emily

9 comments:

jlk said...

How fun that your parents are coming to visit! I hope that doesn't mean no blogging..

Anonymous said...

We are planning on the type of weather we have been having here. One day spring and then winter. We will come prepared for both. See you soon and I will hug the boys for myself. Love Always Mom

Jeannie said...

I want to see lots of pit with the "N" in Germany. I bet your Mom and Dad never thought they would go to Germany to see one of their Children. Have a safe trip D and A.

Anonymous said...

Tell Dan and Arlene hello for me!! That will be a fun reunion I bet. My parents will be coming home on the 29th of April from their mission. We are all getting excited to see them again. Have a great visit with your parents.

Alison said...

Good luck! I bet you are SOOO excited they are coming. I hope you have a great time with them there. ENJOY their visit!

Anonymous said...

Your folks will feel right at home since we are to get rain/snow mix tonight and tomorrow with a break on Friday and more rain/snow on Saturday. Don't think your mom cares what the weather is like, she just wants a hug from the boys....... Relax, everything will be great.. and tell your mom, I know I'm on 'granny watch' .....B

Ana said...

Hey, just thought I'd admit to lurking on your site for awhile, too, hehe. Linked over from Angie's as well. I do know people like the baggers - and I would, too, actually, if I didn't have to tip them! We are really going to try for an overseas tour next year, so I've liked reading about how it is in Germany (although, sadly, we probably won't get Europe like we want - but Japan sounds fun, too).

Honeybee said...

I agree with your Mom. We have FINALLY had most of our snow melt, there is still some to go & we are suppose to get another storm tomorrow 2-5 inches up here! augh! But I can see tulips & daffadils poking up so yea!! I can't believe you have got Dan & Arleen flying in. Hope you all have a great time together. Say hi to them for me.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the popular gal!!
I am so excited that your parents will be able to visit. You must be thrilled to pieces and stressed trying to get everything ready too!
love you
mlk