Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Living in Paradise...

First of all, now that he is home, I can say that James has been out-of-town since Monday. So, just a quick three day, two night trip. He went to Belgium.

Monday was smooth-sailing until that night when I noticed Toby was fevered, not extremely high, 101, but still a fever. I medicated him but he was restless all night until about 6 AM, when he finally conked out until about 10:30 AM. The same morning, Thomas woke up, at about 8:00 and complained that he had a tummy ache and a sore throat. He basically went from his bed to the couch and pretty much stayed there all day long. I didn't think to take his temperature until about noon, and was surprised to find out that he had a 104 temp. Then, I started to medicate him and he kind of came back to life for an hour or two before returning to the couch for more movies and cartoons. All Toby wanted to do was eat and sleep yesterday, it was like having a newborn again!

In the meantime, I managed to wash all of the bedding (sheets, blankets, comforters, bumper pad--Toby) in my room and Toby's room (I had done Thomas' the day before), the dryer was going non-stop for over 12 hours and I started to knock out a lot of the cleaning and the organizing upstairs that I have wanted to do for months now. I didn't really get anything "finished" but I am working on the master bedroom, bathroom, hallway and Thomas' room all at once! But, I made considerable progress!

Today, my kids seem to be on the mend, I gave Thomas the "option" of staying home from preschool to rest but he didn't bite (I was kind of hoping he would so I could continue to work on the upstairs!), he was ready to go back to school. They had Parent-Teacher conferences on Friday and Monday so he hadn't been to school in a week.

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Things always don't go as planned, especially when the hubby is out of town. I'm glad they are felling better.

Anonymous said...

Did you just about cry when the temp was so high. That is always a scary thing for me--high temps.
I am glad that James is home to ease the burden....now that everyone is getting better!!
mlk