Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Is It Easter or Christmas?

When Easter falls in the month of March you never can be sure of what kind of weather you're going to get...funny thing is we didn't have snow on Christmas Day last year (but we did have cool ice crystals), so it's a bit ironic that it has been snowing on and off for the past four days. But, then it rains an hour later, so it all melts...and then it hails...and then it snows...and then it's sunny for 15 minutes...and then we have some sleet...it's all quite interesting, I've never seen so many kinds of weather in one given day! Except that it's been like this for four days in a row, so I guess I should take that back!

Consequently, the Easter Bunny will be hiding eggs inside. And, the boys will be wearing matching polo shirts (The Children's Place is AWESOME, and even better I found out that they deliver to APO boxes!) but with khaki pants instead of shorts to church. I had saved a new shirt for myself to wear tomorrow to church, which I had planned to pair with one of my "springier" skirts, but it is short-sleeved, so I'll keep saving it and I'll probably wear a wool skirt and a turtleneck sweater...again, kind of like Christmas!

It also actually looks like Christmas at my house right now because, I FINALLY have my table and chairs that I "got" for Christmas today! Well, right now, I have one chair and nine other boxes (seven more chairs, and two boxes for the table) but that is beside the point... I wish I would have had a video camera today when it sunk into James that I said I wanted eight chairs. I don't know why that was so surprising to him, I've been saying it for months now that I want six in the dining room always and two more that we can bring up if we have guests. But, he had his moment, "EIGHT chairs! Did you say EIGHT chairs? I can't believe you want that many! That's A LOT!" Consequently, there was very little discussion...it's obvious who won this one. :)

Onto other news, Toby cut his third first-molar sometime over the past few days. That makes three first molars in less than a week! Poor kid!

Well, Easter morning will be here before I know it...I'll try to post pictures tomorrow night or on Monday!

Until later, (& Happy Easter!)

Emily

5 comments:

jlk said...

Yea for your table! 8 chairs is the perfect amount, IMO.

sues2u2 said...

lol. We had snow, yes, snow here on last Monday & then it warmed up & by Wed it was in the upper 70's. I'm with you. Weird weather.

That's pretty exciting that you finally got your new table & chairs. It really must be Christmas!

Happy Easter to you all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Snow Family!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!! And congrats on the table and chairs! Mr. D won the argument in our house. I wanted 6 chairs with the bench. We only have 4 and the bench...unfortunately, we have never really needed more chairs...I hate it when he wins and he ends up being right. I am a very sore loser.
love ya
mlk

Life in Maryland said...

About the chairs, we have a 10 and have used them all quite a bit! So I'm on your side!