Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Soccer Mom Sign-ups

No, I didn't really sign up to be a "Soccer Mom", but I did sign Thomas up for soccer this spring. He has a best friend in preschool, R, who played last fall. Actually, his mom asked me then if I was interested in signing him up but at the time, I really didn't want any more on my plate and I didn't think Thomas would even play. This was the kid who got intimidated if there were more than five other kids playing in his sports class at the YMCA last year and would sit on the sidelines and "just watch" if there were. Fast-forward six months later and Thomas has a lot more confidence and loves, loves, loves R. R's mom and I went to great lengths to get them on the same team, but we did it.

Thomas will have practice twice a week and games on Saturdays. Which means my Monday's and Wednesday's will be even longer...we will leave the house at 12:30 for preschool and won't return again until evening since practice ends at 6 PM. I'm glad this isn't a year round thing...

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I thought it was pretty standard for MOM'S to do everything. We (moms) are all in the same boat.

Soccer will be fun for T and you. I promise.

Anonymous said...

Your Dad saw ONE game of Kurt or Kate. I am not sure who's he watched I think it was Kurt's first year. He did drive by on the tractor during a Saturday game on the way to or from the pond. I do not think he ever saw you play volley ball. There is one bad thing about marrying a none sport male. At least you are not going to watch his games all year long like I have know some wives have too. That is just one more thing Moms do Emily. Pack your Rondo with soccer mom gear for the next couple of months. I remember. Hug the boys Love Always Mom

Alison said...

We just signed up, bought a shirt and shin guards...guess Jes will be doing the soccer thing too!! It will be interesting to see how aggressive she will be!!

sues2u2 said...

I loved doing the soccer thing. Too bad here soccer is only in the fall. I think you'll have fun. N really loved playing while H was too girly for the whole thing. Besides @ this age the whole "pack" thing is pretty funny to watch. Bet it becomes the laugh of your day!

Anonymous said...

Been the soccer, baseball, bowling, scouting routes and enjoyed each one. Now with the grandkids we (yes Bill attends)are starting all over again. Enjoy this special time and please don't turn into one of those &$@*## moms... :}

Anonymous said...

You will be a great soccer fan!!
mlk