Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Super-Sweet, Sticky Stuff


What you'll need:

1 stick butter
3/4 granulated sugar
3/4 light Karo syrup
2 cups Golden Grahams
3 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Rice Chex
1 cup coconut

Heat butter, sugar and Karo syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Let boil on low for two minutes. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Then, mix some more. Yummy!

I added Easter sprinkles for fun. I've also made this with less cereal and added pretzels and/or M & M's as well.

I made this Sunday night to take to my Visiting Teaching sisters yesterday. We only had a little left over and Thomas was very disappointed. He asked me to make some more this morning...so now we have a whole batch just for ourselves...it is so yummy but don't even think of making it if you are counting calories or watching your sugar intake! And, believe me, you can't stop with one bite, either!

Did I mention that it is yummy? :)

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The look on Thomas's face tells it all. He is lucky to have a Mom that will make him his very own batch. Now he can share with you. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

jlk said...

Ooh -- that looks fabulous! I definitely will try it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Now that's my kind of stuff!! Looks really good. I will have to try it for my kids. Thomas reminds me so much of you. He's a cutie.

Anonymous said...

yummy!! I will send you my address for a care package!!! Think of it as a FHE activity!! just joking!!
love ya
mlk