Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Four Weeks and Counting!

My parents will be here for a six-day visit in exactly four weeks from today! We are so excited AND at the same time hoping that we can get our house in better order. I have been working on Thomas' room five minutes here and five minutes there, since that is where my mom and dad will sleep. I find it hard to spend much time at all upstairs except when it's time to sleep. Of course, I know what my mom will say, "Don't overdo it, we don't care" and my dad really won't care OR notice...but when guests come to stay it's only natural to at least want things to look better than usual. And, right now, things are worse than usual!

Here's to hoping that we can all get healthy (we've been dealing with colds for almost two weeks now), stay healthy, the boys can be manageable and I can use my time wisely and not over-commit elsewhere. James' work schedule is in "high gear" right now...so we can only hope it doesn't get any busier for him. Hope...and pray!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Aaron said...

boys are looking cute, miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily I am saying stop over doing we will be fine anywhere as long as you guys are close. Your Dad has been talking about the Treet book that he and Thomas read every night last year. We are looking forward to our big adventure. Hug the boys. Get better Love Always Mom

sues2u2 said...

That's so exciting! You'll get everything done. I agree with wanting to have everything perfect. Gene & I actually went out & bought a new bed for my parents when they came over the first time. Just don't be too nuts like we were!