Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Holiday Tradition




And so I began my morning with a picture of Thomas in pajamas and the day is wrapping up with another picture of Thomas in pajamas--different pajamas, though, he did get dressed today!

I tried all week to make a batch of sugar cookies but never got to them. I made huge chocolate chip cookies baked in a heart pan and a pretty pink cake instead, and I even wondered if maybe we would just skip Valentine's sugar cookies this year until last night when Thomas asked me when we would be making our "heart cookies with the yummy pink frosting and the sprinkles on top". Of course, I had to make them. So, after dinner but before Toby was put down for the night, we cut them out and baked them. As they cooled, Toby went off to bed and Thomas had to agree to get in his pajamas. I frosted them and gave all sprinkling duties to Thomas who was very good at his job. He put the sprinkles on faster then I could frost the cookies!

There will probably be one more batch of sugar cookies made over the next 4 or 5 weeks. With Easter in March this year, I'll have to decide on St. Patrick's Day cookies or Easter cookies...I'm not doing both! Then, I will most likely put away the rolling pin until October again!

Until later,

Emily

7 comments:

jlk said...

I used your recipe today for some heart cookies -- but couldn't find my heart cutter. So dumb. I think you should do both St Pattie's Day and Easter cookies. Just do half a batch for the one, freeze the dough and do the others the next week :)

Anonymous said...

Someday maybe Thomas will be able to take over the tradition and he will make them for you. I really don't miss making them since you took over the tradition. It could be a third generational hand-me-down thing. Hug the boys. Take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

mmm looks yummy. He looks so cute too! I got your card today....and I wanted to say Thank you for remembering my Birthday! Happy Valentines Day!

Alison said...

It is always amazing to see all those cookies laid out in a picture. I did make sugar cookies last week and thought of you and your mass production you did at Christmas the whole time!!

Anonymous said...

You are so good. I just buy the Loft House cookies and call it Valentines!!
mlk

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why your nickname has always been "(moderated)" That's what my house looked like a couple of days ago too. I love to do sugar cookies & the girls love to sprinkle. It's messy but fun! Have a great day.

MJQ

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for your sugar cookie recipe.