Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Thought Thursday...


This morning, I was attending a birthday party with Thomas when the subject of Toby's Robeez came up. Everyone collectively loves them, whether or not they have had a child wear them... Anyway, one of the other moms pronounced their name differently than I have been doing, so I came home and checked the Robeez.com website to find out once and for all how to say the word "Robeez".


And this is what the website said:

It's pronounced Rob, as in Robert, the name of the founder's son; and Eez, as in ease.

I was wrong, the other mom was right!


Until later,


Emily


P.S. Toby has two pairs of Robeez, a brown pair trimmed in turquoise and this pair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is how old and out of touch I am I thought "what cute slippers" Not know they are brand name footwear. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

You are so humble. I would have been like dang it another thing that I was wrong about. My list is so very long!!
love ya
mlk

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I love those shoes....another reason I want a baby. They didn't have those when Cater and Callie were little :)

Anonymous said...

yes these are a favorite of mine too-interesting about the name. There is a girls' website that I found (just doing what I call blog skipping) the blog name is http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ and she has a tutorial on how to make cloth shoes for younger infants that are similar to the robeez....kind of cool.

Alison said...

Those are cute! I probably would have just thought to myself that she was wrong and left it at that!