Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's Old is New Again!




This afternoon, I brought out a box of toys that I had put away that contains toys for 1-2 year olds. Toby has been thoroughly entertained...as has Thomas! Despite the gray skies, wind and pouring rain it has been a lovely day (as long as I don't look in the living and dining room and realize the mess that the two have made). Meanwhile, I've been playing Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart in the kitchen preparing a lovely dinner "just because". But back to the toys...I think I'm going to take that same box and fill it full of toys that haven't been played with for a quite some time and put them away for a while!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so neat you have saved the toys from earlier times. I see that happening with Jeanine and the new addition at their house. Jacob seems so enchanted by the old toys, but is almost seems the older boys get as much enjoyment from them as the baby. Your days there are going well and I can tell you are really enjoying them for the most part. The bumps in the road are just that -- at least they are not holes in the road. All is well here -- the daffodils are out and robins, cardinals and carolina wrens are back, so the weather will become more to my liking. Stay well and give the boys a hug (that includes James).
Love, Gert

Anonymous said...

Good Morning my time(6:10 a.m.and 15 degrees) I bet it was almost like Christmas morning without the wrapping paper for both of the boys. Thomas is busy showing Toby how every thing works and playing so great together you don't care about the mess. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Jeannie said...

It doesn't matter how old your kids get, when those "new-old" toys come back out, they do play with them like they are new toys.

Cute boy's. Toby is getting really big.

Anonymous said...

What are you making for dinner? I need some more meal ideas. I feel like I make the same things over and over again.