Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thoughtful Thomas


Today, Thomas had his preschool Valentine's party because he doesn't attend preschool on Thursdays. The mom's/parent's were invited to the classroom the last 45 minutes of school today to help out with the party. They had made "Friendship Soup" where each child brought in a vegetable and then they prepared their vegetable (Thomas brought a green pepper)and then the cook actually whisked it away and cooked it in the kitchen...but the children did all the prep work. The soup was kind of a chicken noodle soup...anyway, they had Friendship Soup and cupcakes. Well, there probably wasn't much of a chance that Thomas would have ever tried that soup, but especially when it was sitting side by side two cupcakes, there was no chance at all. I couldn't even talk him into eating a carrot. So he dug into his cupcakes as I was busy trying to keep Toby from getting into everything. Thomas quickly ate the first cupcake but before he bit into the second cake, he called out to me:

Thomas: "Mom?"

Emily: "Yes, Thomas."

Thomas: "Can you get a knife to cut this cupcake in half and then you can share it with me, since I know you like cupcakes?"


(I know, isn't he cute?)

Between that and the moment in the car on Sunday the kid is really scoring big points with me this week!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! Friendship soup...I have never heard of that. How cute.
mlk

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful little man Thomas has become. As I have said before he is one of my two perfect grandchildren. Whom their Grandma knows they are near perfect if you don't believe me just ask their Grandpa and he will tell you too. Happy Valentines to you all. Hug those sweet boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Cute story and cute blog format....

sues2u2 said...

We always have known what a "doll" Thomas is but that just takes the "cake"!

I love the new "wallpaper" too. Very fun!