Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Worrying Over Nothing...

Sheila from EDIS came over this afternoon to observe Toby. She was a very nice woman. We ended up going over the survey and she obviously asked me a lot of questions about Toby. After adjusting the survey and adjusting his real age she determined that there really isn't anything to worry about. (Really? :) ) The only thing she said we could, as parents, "work on" with him is giving him some social settings like giving him the opportunity to give us his foot to put his shoes on or put two objects in front of him and ask him to hand us one of them. Things that I admitted that we really haven't done a lot of. She also commented that she thought if they would have given me more time to answer the survey in the first place, that I probably would have answered differently and there wouldn't have been all the "red flags" that caused so much concern. At the end of the appointment, which was about 30 minutes long, she said she'd like to follow-up in two months and at that point "we can see where to take this, which I don't think will be that far."

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Yeah! It's always nice to have validation. It's probably also nice to have it over! I was trying to think if I had my kids hand me their feet @ Toby's age. I don't think I did. Or the other thing too. Nik did that on his own though & with Hanae I just don't think I thought about it. Go figure.

Alison said...

I am glad everything worked out to be good. When we took our triplets to the NICU check up for premies I was so mad. They would do things with those balls that you put the right shape in the right hole toy...we didn't own one and at 1 they said they were behind...I was so mad. In other areas (which they didn't have to "practice") they did GREAT!!! Experts don't always know!

Anonymous said...

In our hearts we know they are fine, but especially when they are preemies there is a small thought in the back of your mind that make you worry sometimes. I know this as a fact. Now look at my two preemies girls and how very wonderfully they both turned out. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom