Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, November 19, 2007

Conversing with Thomas

Last week, after I had folded a couple loads of laundry, Thomas happened to look down at one of the laundry baskets and noticed some folded socks, as if it were the first time in his life that he had noticed folded socks and the conversation went something like this:

Thomas: Mom, who folds all those socks--one inside a-NOTH-er?

Emily: "Well, I do Thomas."

Thomas: (with eyes opened wide)"Wow, I can't believe you do all that work!"


(Glad to know that my son now thinks I live a purposeful and productive life--I can't wait until he finds out that I also refill the salt and pepper shakers occasionally).


Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

jlk said...

LOL! Or that there's no such thing as the toilet paper fairy, that you also refill that!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emily at least he noticed. Usually no one notice here unless it's not done. I think sometimes we all have thought the fairies must have done it. Yes she did her name is Mom/wife. Last week when I was on the panel at Kate's class. A gentleman, he was 70 something told the kids that being a Mom is the hardest job there is. They should appreciate all their Moms do for them. I thought that was very nice of him, but most probably won't realize until they are no longer home. Then doing it for themselves they will know how much she did for them. Don't forget the amount of fun you are having. I am going to go and have fun loading dishes and do some cleaning before we leave in the morning. Hug the boys and take care. I will talk to you in the morning. Love Always Mom

DanceNplay said...

so funny!
I'll have her send me the email address! Thanks!
I did the whole chilling thing and they still didn't work out!