Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Snapshot Sunday






Here is a picture of our front door (to give you a little better idea of our new surroundings) and a picture of the Halloween sugar cookies that I made on Thursday night. I only made a half batch which is really a full batch because my normal "batch" is actually a double batch. I bet that sounds confusing. If so, back up, read it again and you'll probably understand! Regardless, it felt good to take time to do something like this that I enjoy. I took most of them to a Halloween party hosted by my neighbor across the street on Friday. She couldn't have it on Wednesday because she had a conflict. My cookies were a hit by kids and moms alike!


Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

entrance way is lovely and I love your doorman. Cookies look scruptious.
Went to Gina and Howards for dinner tonight. They live about 35 miles away and Jeanine drove up there (I have just about stopped driving at night and besides there are deer on the road and I don't need to hit one -- wouldn't know what to do with it if I did or if I survived!). Got home just after 9 and it is pitch dark. Time changes last night, so there will be that lovely adjustment factor to contend with. Enjoy your unpacking ---I don't know of anything other than ironing that I despised more. I probably have some unpacked boxes somewhere that have been there since we came back from the Azores in l967! Probably things I never needed in the first place. Hugs to the boys and take care of yourselves. love Gert

Emily Snow said...

Gert--yes,this is what I have thought about many of the boxes that I have unpacked--"do I really NEED these things?" I hope that when we come back I will be able to sort through our things better and bring back less. We felt that there was very little time to go through our things. I took several trips to Goodwill but I could have done so many more.

I have been told that winter days are dark ones here, with it only getting full light by about 11 AM and getting dark again at 4:30 PM. I am not looking forward to those days!

Emily

jlk said...

I miss your cookies! I have been craving them, so maybe I'll just have to make some. It really is the best sugar cookie recipe.