Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

What time will you be eating Thanksgiving Dinner today? Is it more of a lunch or a dinner? We are aiming for 2:00 PM. I think it will all depend on the turkey (being cooked in a crockpot). All I have to do today is make the jello part of the jello salad, and make the mashed potatoes. And keep the food moving in and out of the spacious oven... I have two more crockpots that I think I will be partitioning off to keep food warm. James has to make the filling for the lemon and banana cream pies. I already made the pumpkin cheesecakes(one for us, one for the family we are taking dinner to) last night.

This is our menu:

Turkey
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Lime-jello pretzel salad
Rolls
Pies
Cranberry sauce (right out of the can)
Olives (again, right out of the can)

Until later--and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we will all give thanks that Thanksgiving cooking is over. All that is left is the dishes. By now yours is done (I know because I talked to you) and ours is still to do. Kate is doing the dessert, some sort of dessert with Heath bars. Hug the boys, take care. Love Always Mom 11:20 a.m. Thursday