Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, November 30, 2007

Looney Over Light Bulbs...

It seemed to me like I was changing a lot of light bulbs. Three weeks ago, I started keeping count. I changed three light bulbs on week 1, three on week 2, and this week (week 3) I've already changed SIX light bulbs. I have to buy the majority of my light bulbs "on the economy" and this month I've already spent 31 euro on just light bulbs. It's like they're becoming a monthly expense and a weekly (sometimes daily) job for me. It's getting a little out-of-hand! I know, positively, that I didn't change light bulbs this often in my home in Maryland!

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a bad electric problem. I hope I am wrong!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the bulbs you are using are made for the wattage we have over here not the kind of power you have there. That would make them burn out faster. Maybe you will have to buy light bulb from a Germany store and see if there is a different in how long they last. Ask your German neighbors what type of light bulbs use. Just a thought. Hug the boys. Take care Love Always Mom

Emily Snow said...

The light bulbs I am using ARE the 220V--the ones from Germany!

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this but I agree with anonymous. It sounds like a bad electric problem. We lived there for 3 yrs & Gene & I think that we only changed lightbulbs maybe 2 or 3 times total! Get that looked at. Sounds you might have a short somewhere.
Good luck. By the way, I love the new do! The photographer was pretty darn good too!

Anonymous said...

I would check with some of your German friends and see if they have the same problem, if not get the wiring checked. Have you checked in the commissary or base exchange to see if they carry the 220V bulbs? Just a thought.....

Emily Snow said...

To my blog posters:

I buy all the 220 v bulbs that I can on base, but they do not have a huge variety and many of my light fixtures have bulbs that I have to buy at German stores, or "on the economy".

I am going to talk to my neighbor and see if she has a simalar problem. I'll probably contact the company that is the liason between us and the landlord, even if it's just to make a note of it for now and then we can kind of wait and see if they don't want to take action.