Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, November 26, 2007

Update on Me

I am feeling better but am still pretty weak. James offered to take a "Family Friendly" day (sick day because someone in your family is sick or has to go to the doctor)and I think he was secretly hoping that I would think the offer was kind enough and then say, "No, I'll be fine, you can go to work". But, you know what? I didn't! I took him up on the offer.

James has taken Thomas to preschool and left me with Toby. Which is fine. He is pretty fussy--he's still never totally recovered from last week. He's lost some weight, which is no surprise because he barely eats, but you can see it in his face and thighs.

While the Snow household has been dealing with sickness this weekend, James has gotten a lot organized and unpacked and set up the TV and the stereo system (we had a "make-do" set up before). It made me wonder why I can't get things done like that but then I look around and see that there are toys everywhere, no laundry has been done, no cooking etc. But, I am glad that he has gotten so much done!

Fussy Toby needs some attention....

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a semi day off and rest a little everything can wait and will. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Hug the boys, take care Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Good for you in taking James' offer.
rest up sweetie, the laundry awaits!
:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you took James up on his offer and are trying to take it easy. Rest is often the BEST medicine. Hope tomorrow will be a good day for you and Toby will be better. Love, Gert

Life in Maryland said...

Oh, I am so sorry you got this too. Mike started it Wednesday before Thanksgiving and was miserable all weekend. He also lost 6 lbs.

I hope you are feeling soon!

DanceNplay said...

I hope you're feeling better. It's always nice when the other half stays home and does your job! I wish mine would!

jlk said...

Oh! I have been out of town with no computer access...I am so sorry you got it! Hope you feel 100% soon.